Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pampers

HA! Pampers is being held accountable for their terrible diapers that leaves some (quite a few it would seem) babies with terrible diaper rash.

For those of you who don't know, I am not a fan of Pamper's diapers past the newborn size (they add a mesh liner after newborn) because they gave Alison a terrible diaper rash!! The only time she has gotten one. I was so worried and it kept getting worse until we changed to Huggies (we only used  Pampers size one for a week). They are strongly scented and seriously gave Ali the worst diaper rash: blisters, red and hot irritated skin. I felt like a terrible mother until I switched and the healing began immediately.

Anyways I read an article (click here to read it) about a mom who started a Facebook group urging Pampers to go back to the old formula and so far 7,000 other mom's have signed up. They were also urging Pampers and the US government to do more testing because the diapers do seem to be causing severe rash in more then a few cases.

I am just glad that they are being held accountable for their dumb rash causing diaper. I wouldn't want another mom or baby going through what we did. It was terrible and I felt like the worst mom ever.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Pampers are not good any more. They used to be the main brand because babies did not get rashes when wearing them. Pampers kept the moisture away from the baby. Maybe everyone should write Pampers a letter complaining.

    ReplyDelete