Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Last of Lost

We started today by going to Sunday brunch at Gringos! They have a really great buffet. We met up with Ritchie and his girlfriend Monique. Alison was a perfect little lady. She makes me one proud mama. They had all you can drink mimosas for $4 more and the boys opted for them. I wish I would have taken a picture of some of the food we ate because it was really great.


My handsome husband in front of Gringos

Ali making friends

After brunch we went over to Ben and Monica’s. Their little daughter has grown so much and is already 9 pounds! She was asleep for our entire visit but their son was awake and happy. We really enjoy their company and it was nice to stop by and visit.

Monica and her 9 pound baby

Monica's son saying goodbye to 'Baby Alison'

We got home and invited Evan, his new wife Jessica, and his friend Patrick to come over for a visit. It was nice to see them and congratulate them on getting married.

Chris had his haircut today but, amazingly, he moved it to later in the day. For the past 5 years he gets his haircut at noon on Sunday (although after a year of trying to talk him into changing his haircut time, for the first time today he said it might ‘not be a bad idea’).

Our hair dresser, Michelle, is a good friend of ours. Chris invited her and her mother over to visit for a while. I asked Chris to get some ‘snacks’ for company. I like having some sort of food to put out when we have people visiting. He got some lemon poppy scones and some red pepper hummus. I was really looking forward to our visit with her but she canceled something about not feeling well. I think we might have to give up on Michelle for awhile; she doesn’t seem interested in being social with us. Oh well, more lemon poppy scones for us!

Tonight is the last episode of Lost. It makes me sad. I used to watch Lost with my roommate Catrina. We would get our pillows and watch it while lounging on her queen sized bed. For those of you who don’t know Catrina was a beautiful person, she was one of my best friends and she shot herself in 2007 a month after I had graduated and moved out of our apartment. I really blamed myself for not being there for her when she needed me but I suppose you can’t be everywhere. Catrina and I were inseparable; we did everything together. We had sushi nights, we cooked together, she was like a sister, like a twin. I miss her so very much and the end of Lost feels like losing the last connection I had to her. I guess it’s kind of silly, but it was something we did together and now, even if she was here, it’s over.

Catrina's wedding, I was fortunate enough that she asked me to be her maid of honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment