Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday May 9th 2010
Happy Mother’s Day!

Chris and I are so happy to be spending mother’s day with family. Three generations of moms at one table. It was a great way to spend my first official mother’s day.

Mom picture!

GG Rooney, Grammy and I were treated to a feast fit for a queen and were showered with love and cards. I got lovely cards and of course my favorite was the one from my baby.


Grandpa made some really wonderful brisket! I love brisket and I think we all felt blessed to have a Grandpa who loves us enough to make something so tasty for his family. There were also several other tasty treats including these wonderful little Oreo balls that Aunt Jessica made and some yummy casseroles too. Of course what kind of Kentucky holiday get together would be complete with our a little KFC? Uncle Brad brought over some mashed potatoes, gravy and slaw.

My plate, yummy!

I feel so blessed to be a mom and so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I have the most wonderful little daughter, the most wonderful husband and the most wonderful in-laws to boot.
Its days like today though that make me wish Chris and I came from the same hometown. How nice would it have been if we could have all been together for mother’s day? Ah well…

Uncle Brad carried Alison around, it was really cute! He sure likes his little Ali-gator and she loved him!

Uncle Brad and Aunt Jessica playing with their little niece.

At the table. We pull up Alison's stroller so she can be apart of the fun too. She sat between GG and I.

Aunt Jessica and her boyfriend Jason, what a cute couple! It was great that Jason was able to stop by, we weren't sure if he was going to be able to (he had to work).
Our first Mother's Day

Alison celebrated with some smooshed banana! Yummy! First fruit!

Happy Birthday JG! We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment