Thursday, May 13, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

May 11th 2010

Going home! We said our goodbye’s and let Southwest take us home!

On our way!


Ali fell asleep a few times on the plane, I think flying isn't as interesting as it used to be.

Although she did still really enjoy looking out the window.

We flew over a dust storm, it was pretty neat looking. I think this picture turned out well.

Ali and Monkey on the plane playing with the drop down tray

The trip home was good but I did experience my first taste of someone who doesn’t like babies. The woman who sat in front of Chris shook her head every time Alison made a noise. I just couldn’t help myself from thinking she was very rude and should have picked a different seat if she didn’t like babies (by the way Alison was squealing with happiness and didn’t cry the entire time! She had a little fussy when she was letting us know she was hungry but nothing loud) I guess I just can’t understand how you can’t enjoy the sound of a happy healthy baby. Alison is just such an awesome gift from God I suppose I have rose colored glasses when I think about her.

That reminds me of a conversation I had with Chris I had this week. I told him how awesome it would be if God gave us a miracle, an indisputable miracle that science couldn’t explain. I went on to say that the world needed it that people are just getting so out of hand. He very casually pointed to the back seat where our daughter was snug and safe sleeping in her car seat and said “what do you call that?” All I could do was pat his hand. He was right, we don’t need a big miracle we just need to see and appreciate the little miracles that are already there.

Our good friend Jessie was there to pick us up from the airport and we were so happy to go home! Bless Jessie for all her help we love her and her little family. It was great to be home… except for the fridge… but I’ll get to that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment