Monday, March 15, 2010

It's a Winnie of a Quilt!

I am so excited about this baby quilt! I started working on it this week and its pieced together and I have safety pinned it to the batting. I used Classic Pooh fat quarters I bought at a local fabric store (sorry I don't rememeber which one) and I decided on Bamboo batting (really its 50% bamboo and 50% organic cotton).

I am really loving this quilt. I don't have the back pannel yet but I am planning on getting something super soft and cuddly. I haven't decided yet on if I want to keep it for my daughter or give it as a gift.

I am doing a little bit of hand embroidery on it (outlining some of the characters with a backstich and such) to add a little more interest to it. I will post a finished picture (don't expect it for a couple months, its not my only project and well its something I've never done before)  

No comments:

Post a Comment