Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baby Shower Gift

Whats this?

(March 20) Normally I like to do my shopping for gifts well in advanced but sometimes it just doesn't seem to be in the cards. For example, there is a baby shower tomorrow at church and just this morning I got around to get a gift! (Shame on me I know!) but it turned out to be a really good thing.

Today we also had a birthday party to attend at my friends house who lives almost two hours away so I didn't have time to make the usual trip to Babies'R'Us like I normally do for a baby gift but instead went to a little toy store that was a lot closer. The name kind of threw me off, Totally Thomas Toy Depot, as in Thomas the Train but I decided to give it a go.

I was so excited to see some super classic toys! They carry brands like Calico Critters (loved these when I was little!) and Lamaze baby toys, Eeboo, and of course Melissa and Doug (PS,  Melissa and Doug are having a contest to win a stable and horses play set at their web site click here).

So whats in the present? The Melissa and Doug Nesting Boxes, so cute! They are blocks and little buckets all at the same time not to mention beautiful, brightly colored and displaying letters of the alphabet. I will admit it was hard to give them as a gift (they are so cute I wanted to keep them for Alison!) unfortunatly they only had one set of the nesting boxes.

 I am really excited to give this!

2 comments:

  1. I still don't know what a nesting box is. Must be a neat gift though since you gave it as a baby shower gift. The picture of a nesting box looks like a birthday present.

    BoomPa

    ReplyDelete
  2. click on the link! it will take you to the web site where you can see it!

    ReplyDelete