Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Embroidery

During this economic depression we all need a little pick-me-up and if your an individual who likes to make things, this might be right up your ally.

Embroidery. There are TONS of tutorials online as well as books at the library that will teach you. I happened acrossed a book bargin bin at my grocerie store and found 'The Encyclopedia of Stiches' Edited by Karen Hemingway, and though it looked like it could be fun.

I have done cross-stitch before but never embroidery. I have to say embroidery is fun to learn and pretty easy to do. Its a nice quiet activity you can do while your kiddo is sleeping, or husband, or cat, or while your trying to fall asleep. Why is this a pick me up? Because with embroidery you can turn that plain onsie or bib into a work of art. There are iron on stencils that wash off once you've completed the embroidery and voila, you have an one of a kind onsie! I am working on an onsie with a vintage kitty pattern, so far it looks adorable. I will post a picture of it when I'm finished.

Also think of the gift giving possibilities. Who wouldnt love a hand embroidered onsie (or whatever else you find to make into your canvas!)?

No comments:

Post a Comment