Sunday, April 11, 2010

Alison's First Concert

My French group got together again for a concert at Balboa Park's Spreckles Organ Pavilion. They were featuring a French opera singer. I brought Alison along too! Her very first concert!

Saying goodbye to daddy! He was too tired to come with us.

Here she is in her sun hat with the world's largest outdoor organ in the background.

The opera singer and the organist.

Here we are after the concert. It was wonderful day for a first concert!

They let us go up on the stage and sit on the organ bench.

Here we all are with the organist and the singer.


My group was able to speak with the singer as well. She was very pleasant. I didn't speak very much to her since the conversation was in French. I just thanked her for complimenting Alison on her cuteness and told her who Alison was. But it was interesting to listen! I feel like I am picking up and remembering more French every time I go to a meeting.





1 comment:

  1. I have seen the concert hall, but have never heard the organ or a concert there. Maybe sometime when I am there they will have a concert and I will get to listen. I hope it is a holiday like "Take My Grandaughter to The Concert Day" Yes, one of my favoriate holidays.
    BoomPa

    ReplyDelete