Monday, June 28, 2010

First Time in the Nursery

Alison was good most of church but... she did get a little fussy right before the sermon so I took her to the nursery and for the first time left her with the nursery teacher.
Alison's first time being left in the church nursery

Bye Alison mommy loves you! (as you can see she was really upset to see me go....)

Alison and daddy stayed home while I was able to go to Michaels for a big 50% off picture frame sale, I also had a coupon for an extra 15% off my entire purchase and a 40% off coupon for one item. I was so happy and pleased to get picture frames for our beautiful family pictures. 

I already had the picture frame on the left but the one on the right is the new one for our living room

Family portrait (frame on the left)

The newly framed picture of Alison!

I will post pictures of the other framed pictures later, maybe tomorrow.

Before Alison was born I saw in a Pottery Barn Kids catalog a beautiful mobile of white butterflies but then I saw the price $80! Ouch now way were we spending $80 on a mobile. Instead I got those little wooden cut-outs at Michaels ($.25 each with my 15% off coupon!) and a tube of white paint I already had a home. I am going to make Alison the pretty PBK inspired mobile for about $8.

Wooden butterflies with a nice coat of white paint, a few more coats and get the hubs to help me hang them and Ali will have something soothing to look at while she is hanging out in her crib.

The inspiration:

These butterflies are made of paper and are smaller but I think the bigger wooden ones will look just as nice. I think we are just going to hang them individually from the ceiling instead of making it into a traditional mobile. I don't know, we will see how things turn out!

If anyone has any ideas on easy ways to hang these up, let us know. Has to be really sturdy since it will be right above the crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment