Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

Happy Black Friday! 
If you went out shopping I hope you found some good deals! I know Boompa got a new Dremel tool! 
We stayed at home. There wasn't anything we needed to get and we were tired from yesterday and getting ready for tomorrow. Alison is having her second birthday party tomorrow!
Her little friend Ava isn't going to be able to make it but Caiden and his family are going to be here!
I set out the little table Boompa made me when I was in college so the kids have a place to color!
I put the normal crayons out in a little glass cup and set it on top of a pot holder that my Grandma Edith made! This particular pot holder is Alison's favorite so we always keep it with her toys.

For the party favor I made crayon rolls and put them in a canvas tote with some cupcake stickers and a pad of doodle paper.
I thought it would be fun to use Crayola Fabric Crayons to decorate the totes.
I went ahead and made Alison's bag so Caiden can see what the colors will look like after they are ironed onto the bag.
I really like the Fabric Crayons! I just wrote Alison's name on a piece of transfer paper, flipped it over and used the crayons to trace the letters in the color I wanted, ironed it on the bag and voila! A custom tote!
I am really looking forward to seeing what Caiden (who is 4) will come up with! 
I can't wait till Alison is old enough to draw more than scribbles; I see these totes decorated with fabric crayoned Alison art in our gifting future! 
I picked up some pretty flowers today!
The vase is sitting on my favorite Grandma Edith pot holder :) When grandma gave us (my cousins, brother and I) the pot holders we were teenagers and didn't really need them but she said someday we would like them and I really really do! Thanks Grandma Edith!
The butter dish was a gift from Grandma Carolyn and the vase actually belonged to my great grandma.
I love things that have been made or passed down, it just makes them special!
Our dining room decorated and ready for tomorrow!
Alison's birthday ring. We are going to wait till her actual birthday for this.
I picked up this little shelf when I went out to the thrift stores a couple weeks ago,
and today Chris hung it up for me!
I love it!
A music box that belonged to my great grandma has found a new home atop the shelf!

2 comments: