Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Crafting

I've been sneaking in a few moments of crafting here and there. I have a few projects going on at the moment: knitting a blankie for Ethan, sewing a sun dress for Ali, and making a birthday crown for her birthday at the end of next month. I sketched out 2 ideas, the one that wasn't selected featured a heart with a Scandinavian style pattern on it  framed with some leaves...it was pretty but Chris and I both liked the seasonal one with the letter A better.
Work in progress.
 

d
Yep crafting can make quite a little mess...lol
I traced the pattern of the A with the Acorn (lucky huh?) out of  "1001 iron on transfers" book my mom had given me last time I was visiting Oklahoma. I love books where you can get a little insparation!
I just free handed the other two leaves.
Hopefully Ali will like it. We are still trying to decide exactly how we are going to celebrate her birthday, we are thinking a small affair at home with a friend or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment