Monday, August 30, 2010

9 Month Old Doctors Appointment

Well... I told a half truth to Alison today. I assured her she wasn't going to get any shots today. Today was her 9 month old check up and they had assured me 'oh she won't get any shots for this one!' Well... she might not have gotten a shot but they stuck her finger with a needle to draw blood! Isn't that pretty much the same thing as a shot to someone as little as Alison? She surely didn't enjoy it.

I don't know how much Alison understands me but I told her, "Oh don't worry honey nothing is going to happen today, they are just going to check you out, everything is going to be ok" and then they poke her!

Other than that the doctor's appointment went well, Alison knows that everytime she is in that building she is going to get stuck with a needle so she cries almost the entire time, poor little thing. She stops the moment she see's that we are leaving. I do everything I can to try and make her happy, I bring all her favorite toys and snacks, I sing to her and pat her back, I walk around with her and say soothing words... but there is no fooling her! They might have fooled mommy but she knew better!

Alison was too upset at the doctors office for me to take any pictures. Here is her finger wrapped in a cartoon band aid.

She is pretty tired from the whole ordeal.

After her nap we play and enjoy the rest of our day, I have no idea where the band aid went to... probably under her crib somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment