Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello!

Things have been going really well around the our house. My mom is here visiting and its been a real blessing for our family having an extra set of hands around here! Its also good for her as there is a lot of change going on in Oklahoma. My brother is moving into an apartment and out of my parents house and at the same time my beautiful Grandmother is moving in with my parents. So there is a lot fo stuff going on!

Alison and Baba watching her Your Baby Can Read video 

Yes, this is a bag of frozen sliced bananas.
The neat thing about frozen bananas is they can turn into ice cream!

This is the frozen banana after going through the food processor.
Just banana, nothing else.

My banana hating daughter eating banana 'ice cream'
She liked it! Bananas are not on my diet but I HAD to try it, and it was really good.
It taste like fancy ice cream, I was really impressed. 

Random picture of Chris

My friend Emily came over and we did a little crafting together.

End result - cute potholder!

Spending some time in the back yard with Baba. Drinking a juice box and enjoying some sun!

Alison reading in the car

I love books!

Alison is learning how to drink out of a cup and she is doing a pretty good job!
Happy baby drinking some milk

Alison loves brushing her teeth. So much so that we have a hard time getting the tooth brush away from her when she's done.

Baba putting pajamas on Alison.


I did a fat quarter swap with a friend of mine in New York, Sara, and these are the ones she sent me! I wish I would have taken a pic of the fat quarters I sent her, they were Peter Rabbit and very cute. She wants to use them for a baby quilt.

My dining room has been transformed into a sewing room!

Here are some pictures of my skirt! I finished it but haven't taken a picture yet.

Baba bought Alison a bubble blower and they spent some quality time in the back yard playing with bubbles! Grandma Carolyn was able to watch through Skype!

They keep popping!

Bubbles!

More bubbles!

Alison at our community park with her ball.

Alison doesn't like to be on the swing but she loves to push it!


Patting the bench in the park

She really had a good time patting the bench. (BTW Baba made this pretty pink dress for her! Isn't it cute?)

Alison is getting really good at showing us where her body parts are when we ask her. She can show us her nose, teeth, belly button, head, hair and what she is showing now her ears!

Exploring the park

We went to Chicken Pie Diner! It was really good and Alison was having fun trying to color.

Alison loves her monkey.
She will walk around the house carrying him. (or one of him as she has 3 out and one in storage just in case!)

Prettiest girl in all of California!

Work in progress. I read about doing hand embroidery with Crayola tinting. You do the transfer then color it, iron it to set the crayon color, and embroider! It sounded so interesting I had to try it out for myself! The only thing left is to see how well it washes! If it does a good job I am thinking about maybe making a few and putting them together for a doll blanket for Alison.

I made bread! AND its really good! I made some bread for the first time ever. Alison really likes it and making it was pretty fun!

Ali-gator got a box of love and clothes from Grandma Carolyn and Grandpa Frank!
She had fun pulling the clothes out and got a surprise at the bottom, a book!
She loves loves loves the book!

Alison checking out her new book

Turning the pages

After all that reading ma-ma decided Alison could use some home made bread!
Alison really seems to like it which makes me feel like million bucks.

Little Monster!
Alison loves taking all her books out of the book shelf and pulling all her toys out!
When she sees a clean playroom the first thing she does is pull all her toys and books out!
Good thing she is so darn cute! And can you see what she ended up doing after pretending to be a tornado?

Yep, she's reading a book!

March 24
Mommy and Alison at the community park today!
It was a little chilly so we made sure Alison was bundled up!

Baba and Alison playing with the musical toys at the park.

Alison hitting the bells with a stick

Alison had a good time watching the other children

My beautiful little daughter

She had fun following the big kids around but didn't get too close!

Tomorrow Alison, daddy and I are going to the Waldorf School of San Diego for the Morning Glory Playgroup! We are going to sign up for the Spring session. Her playgroup will be on Fridays every week. Tomorrow daddy is going to try and go but normally it will just me Alison and I. Waldorf schools focus on age appropriate play with lots of outdoor and cooperative play. (if you want click on Waldorf School of San Diego to check out their web site)

I will take my camera and get a picture of the school. Anyways we have been telling Alison all week that she is going to school on Friday I really hope she likes being in a playgroup!

No comments:

Post a Comment