Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sew fun!

Hello!
It's been awhile so lets talk! I forgot to mention what Chris got me for Valentines Day! He got me the Thomas Kincaid Snow White Finds the Cottage cross stitch kit! Its big and beautiful!

This is going to take a while to finish!

Chris also got me some Thread Heaven which is floss conditioner that I read was really great, it is, it makes your floss glide so smoothly and it tangles a lot less which is really awesome.
We got Alison some stacking blocks and I got Chris his favorite chocolate and a t-shirt he wanted. We didn't do much on Valentines Day because of Alison being sick but it was still nice being able to be together.

On the 15th Alison and I had another Doctors appointment that took so long Chris had to leave work to pick my mom up from the airport. Our appointment started at 10am and my mom landed at 2pm. They were giving Alison some test to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with her. Thank goodness everything came back negative.

Chris dropped my mom off at the clinic and she waited with Alison and I. She was really happy to see us (especially Alison!).

Feb 15th
Alison in the Doctor's office...again
playing with her toys

2/24
Alison's first taste of Ready Whip
'Baba' (Chris and I were trying to get Alison to say Grandma but she says 'Ba-ba instead) cute her up some strawberries and mommy gave her a big dollop of whipped cream!
She LOVED it. 

2/28
Daddy and Alison hanging out.
Alison loves sitting in daddy's lap. She is always so excited when he comes home.

3/1
Alison playing with her baby dolls.


3/2
Alison loves sitting on Ba-ba's lap. Grandma likes to hold Alison and rock her back and forth. Alison is eating up all the attention! She likes to follow Ba-ba around and and Ba-ba taught Alison to say 'cracker'
(its really cute)


Mom and I have been playing on my sewing machine. She has an embroidery machine and helped me out on getting started. We got some interfacing and picked a embroidery pattern and it was that easy!
I love my new sewing machine!
We have also made a dress and a little shirt and pants. I haven't taken pics of them yet but I will!

The finished product!
I still have a lot to learn about my sewing machine (it does so much!) but its nice having someone here helping me figure things out.

Back in November I started a slow-carb diet. Its pretty easy to stick to and I am happy to report that I have lost 15 pounds and weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with Alison! I am pretty pleased with myself. Chris is doing a similar diet to increase muscle and reduce body fat and he is also doing really well with it.

Alison is having a really good week, especially with Ba-ba here! She likes to pull all her books out of the book shelf and bump all her blocks on the floor. She loves running around and her favorite word is Apple. She has learned cracker, beetle, twinkle, water, bow (although I think she has been saying this one for awhile) and a few others words I can't think of at the moment. She is amazing. She is reading more words as well. I am excited to see how much she progresses over this year. The best part is, we are not pushing anything on her, she LOVES books and reading. We just follow her cues and it seems to be working.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment